Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Card Pics

Posted by PicasaBefore we headed south to Mexico, one of the things on my list to get done was to get pictures taken of the girls, and send off Christmas cards. We had fun on Thanksgiving Day taking a hundred pictures of the girls out at my parent's house (thank goodness for digital).
We have been homebound for the last few days due to ARCTIC BLAST 2008. My sister-in-law and I were discussing that perhaps the news channels and Les Schwab are conspiring with each other. Having lived in Chicago and being married to a man from Montana, this is hardly an arctic blast.
I have mixed emotions about the weather. It is truly beautiful, and certainly adds meaning to the prospect of a winter wonderland here in the Northwest; however, Amaya has missed school all week, and was quite dissapointed about missing her first school Christmas program, having mom help out in class, and her class Christmas party. The reindeer cupcakes we made were pretty cute, I must say.
The girls and I have had some great time together during the last few days, and I am thankful for the forced opportunity to stay home, and bypass the usual hustle of this week before Christmas. I am feeling better with each day that passes, and am anxious to return to normalcy. The physical pain will long be outlived by the emotional pain that accompanies this experience.

No comments: