Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yeah!! Some great news!

I am elated!
We just received a full 'refund' from my surgery in Mexico. I can't believe it... Having that money back does lessen the blow of what happenned. At least we are back to square one, instead of in a deficit.
We'll definitely be using some of that to pursue a more traditional form of weight loss... healthier (and usually more pricey) grocery shopping, some handheld weights to finally become acquainted with my Jillian Michaels exercise video, and perhaps even a gym membership. Back to the grind, I guess. It does beat having my tummy cut open twice in four days!

A note about Amaya:
She said the sweetest prayer last night: "Dear Jesus, I just want to pray for Allison (Strandberg) and her family. Help them not to be too sad without their grandma. I pray for their grandma too, but I know she's up in heaven with you. Please take care of her. Amen."

I didn't even realize that Amaya knew Allison. Every age is my favorite, but I do LOVE age '4'. It seems like Amaya is really gaining the ability to think outside of herself, and have some more accurate perspective of others' needs and emotions. Man, I just love that girl!

4 comments:

Greg and Andrea said...

That is VERY sweet--such a tender heart. And great news about the refund, too. I'm glad they did the right thing (finally) and gave you your money back.

Tricia Swift said...

so great about the refund!! you guys have a redo now! hope things are going better for you and hope to chat with you soon.

Wilson Family said...

Yeah! What great news!!

Mars said...

Yay! Great news! Now, join Cascade so you can work out with me. :)