Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Birthday party, Rodeo, Soccer Camp, and Strawberries

(click on collage to enlarge)


Amaya had her 5th birthday party on June 18th. She had most of the girls from her class come, along with some girls from church. Much to my surprise, she wanted a 'hula girl' party. She had no idea what the 'hula' was, so she ended up being very content with a fun Luau theme. We had such a great time. The girls planted flowers in little pots that they decorated with Hawaiian stickers, they broke open a pinata, played in the sandbox, and tried to out do each other on the teeter-totter. It was fun for all the girls to be together again, after having been out of school for a few weeks.
Amaya's birthday isn't until July 3rd, so we look forward to some more celebrating.




Our not-so-little cowgirl. We went to the Sister's Rodeo with my parents. We camped out for the weekend, went to the Rodeo parade, and then to the Rodeo on Saturday night. The girls had a blast. My parents gave Amaya an early birthday present, so she could be decked out for the big event.
She was all smiles when a bunch of people commented on her outfit. She was even more excited when the Rodeo princesses came by, and autographed some pictures for her. I never thought I would be hanging pics of Rodeo princesses in my 5 year old's room. I guess there are worse things...


A movie night for Father's Day. After a BBQ and some strawberry shortcake, we all camped out in the living room for a movie with my dad and John. It'wasn't quite the relaxing evening we envisioned, but fun nonetheless.
Tennyson never sat still for more than 5 minutes.


Amaya loved her soccer camp, despite the excitement that happenned on Tuesday.



There were four girls from Amaya's class at school that were doing the camp. It was fun to get to know the moms better as we sat and watched. Here are all the younger sisters looking on...

The girls and I went and picked strawberries last weekend while John worked. It was cute to see how excited they got. Tennyson was showing everyone that passed us her bucket, saying, Look at how many I got!" She had maybe 10 berries in her very large container.

She probably ate 10 berries for every 1 she picked. Amaya actually was a great help. She picked about three pounds. I was a little over zealous when I was gathering containers at home, and envisioning a freezer full of jam and berries. We picked about 15 pounds in 2 hours.


The results!


We were on out way to a graduation party, and I had to snap this picture of the girls! Sometimes, I still can't believe how blessed we are!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: