Friday, April 3, 2009

Catching up!

Ahh... to be back blogging. I realized that for me, blogging is not something I do unless everything else on my list is done... and when does that ever happen! When I actually sit down to blog, though, I totally enjoy it!

Thinking back, we actually have done a lot of fun things the last couple of months: Great Wolf Lodge (thanks, Nathan and Heidi), a kids Valentines party, having my sister's family here, going to the beach with Grammy for a couple of days, making bread... successfully, planting our first seedlings for a garden, and celebrating Tennyson's half-birthday.

Everyday, I have learned, can have pockets of joy, no matter where we are or what the circumstances. We are in Christ, we are a new creation, the old is gone, and the new has come!

Tennyson and Kyler

Amaya and Kyler

The girls have always loved being in my parents' hot tub. It was extra fun to share this time with Jagger and Uncle Josh. All the pictures with them in the hot tub, however, also included Amaya... nude! Yes, mom forgot her suit.

Again.

I thought Blogger might just step in and slap my hand for posting those, so here's a safe one of T.

Tractor rides with Poppy... another hit at Poppy and Grammy's house.

Out of about 12 pics, this was the best one, and didn't even have the boys in it! Ugh...
During the clothes sale, Grammy was in charge of all 5 girls. And she thought it would be fun to make flubber...
"I wanna stir."
"No, I want tooo!".
Grammy gave in. They all got to... at once.
St. Pattys Day attire from Nana
Amaya's Sunflower Program at school! You can fit a lot of songs into a 10 minute preschool program! She did great.
Thanks, Grammy, for treating us to a great couple of days at the beach during Spring Break. We had so much fun playing in the sand, picking songs on the juke box, dancing in the basement, eating out. Next time, though, I'll plan the menu. :)


I got the idea to celebrate half birthdays from a friend of mine. Amaya has loved the tradition. Tennyson probably would not have known the difference this go around, but Amaya was counting down the days for her. Tennyson turned 2 1/2 on March 28th. She got to pick her dinner... mac-n-cheese, chicken nuggets, cantaloupe, blueberries, and apple juice.
Amaya told her little sister, "Happy Half Birthday, Sis" over 30 times that day.
At dinner, we actually had to scold them for hugging and kissing each other so much. I warmed their food up twice. This won't ever end, will it?
Amaya picked out a little gift and wrapped it herself. It was a fun day!




No comments: