Saturday, October 11, 2008

From Orchard to Oven to Mouth

What a great time we had! This was my first time doing the Hood River Fruit Loop with the girls. We went to two farms. The weather was perfect, the apples were huge, and the girls (yes, all six of them) were happy. A great combination for success.
We started at Donut World in Gresham for the kids, drove thru Starbucks for the mamas, and began our qwest for apples. We picked about 200 pounds of apples in about a half hour... and that time even included some good sample tasting, some potty squatting, and some apple squashing! Thanks for the fun Friday morning, Holly and Heidi.
Amaya, Tennyson, and I made our first apple pie of the Fall. Poppy was over for dinner. Daddy and Poppy gave their thumbs up as they splurged on pie and ice cream.
Can't wait to can some applesauce for this winter. Thanks to you, Holly, if all else fails, we'll have blueberries and applesauce all winter! Mmmm...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stephanie,
Sounds like a fun day with all the girls. Thank you for all the updates on Jagger. What amazing things they can do in the medical world these days. God was watching over that little boy. I have kept my kids informed on his progress. Also, glad to hear your family is all doing well. Give kids and John my my love. I love reading your blogs. Thanks,
Love, Aunt Shayla

Wilson Family said...

Glad you guys had a fun day! Which farms did you end up visiting? I just love Hood River!